I decided to download the Windows version and install it. Note that you'll have to register for an IBM ID to get access to the download pages. BTW: All files on the download pages are marked as "beta" even though the public (marketing) pages never mention this.
Some facts about the installation:
- The size of the downloaded file is 133 MB.
- The downloaded file is self extracting zip file that creates a setup.exe file, an update.zip file and a directory called deploy.
- By default, files are installed in C:\Program Files\IBM\Lotus\Symphony
- The installation requires 324 MB of disk space.
- The installation creates 3 icons on the desktop, without asking.
- The installation creates 3 icons in the Start menu (directly under All Programs), without asking.
- The installation associates Lotus Symphony with the file extensions odp, ods and odt, without asking.
- After starting each application once, the disk usage of the files in the installation directory has grown to 364 MB.
- How to integrate Lotus Symphony in a standard Eclipse installation or in my own RCP?
- How to create plug-ins that extend the functionality of Lotus Symphony?