woensdag, juni 06, 2007

One hundred

I have just noticed that the latest version of my open source Eclipse XPS plug-in (which shows the results of JUnit test runs using the Dell XPS' built-in LEDs) has been downloaded more than 100 times since its release 3 months ago. Wow!

When I started coding the plug-in I never imagined that more than 5 people would actually download it. For me it was just a nice exercise in Java/Eclipse/SWT development and an introduction to hosting open source code at Google Code.

Considering the heavy prerequisites - doing test driven development using Eclipse on a Dell XPS laptop - this number of downloads is quite impressive. The Eclipse world seems to have more geeks with fancy toys than I expected.

One of the things I would like to add in the near future is support for listening to Ant builds. I'm not sure yet how to do this because there does not seem to be an extension point that allows to listen for Ant build results like there is for JUnit test runs. Needs further investigation...

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi, i happen to have an XPS and really like your plugin. So i took the liberty of putting it on ohloh. http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6283

    Hope to see you there.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Cool. I have just created an account and I'll see if I can complete some of the project info.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great, i saw it.
    Don't forget to stack it and rate it ;) Also you can place ohlo badges on your site (projects and personal)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen