I started out with the following environment:
- Eclipse SDK 3.2.2
- WST 1.5.2
- Mylar 1.0.1
- Subclipse 1.1.9
- VE 1.2.1
- CDT 3.1.1
But after a while... a dialog pops up saying: "An internal error occurred during: "Update Manager"". Uh-oh... Houston, we have a problem...
The Eclipse log contained two errors about "Unable to remove [...] from the file system." followed by "java.lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error for META-INF/eclipse.inf". Very similar to what has been reported in a very lonely EclipseZone thread.
I decided to close the dialog, restart Eclipse and try again.
Bad idea! Eclipse simply refused to start again. The log file was filled with "The bundle could not be resolved" messages. My Eclipse installation was dead. Sigh.
Now to be honest, I'm not sure whether upgrading from 3.2.x to 3.3.x using the Europa update site is supposed to work. I had my doubts about it but tried it anyway. And I got burnt. But what troubles me most is not the fact that the update failed, but that it failed in such a way that Eclipse was unable to restart.
Fortunately, downloading the 3.3 SDK and installing the other features through the update site did work as expected.
PS: I'll add a comment to bug 184151 which looks very similar to what I have seen. If you experience something similar, head over there.