dinsdag, mei 01, 2007

A local mirror... I think

Much to my surprise it turns out that my ISP is an Eclipse mirror. For both HTTP and FTP. Woohoo... let the updating begin!

Hmm... hold on... their Eclipse download page is showing 3.2.1 and 3.3M5 while the official download page has 3.2.2 and 3.3M6. In fact it looks like they haven't synced since February 9th?

That's weird. What is the use of an out-of-date mirror? Does the mirror know they are out-of-sync? Do the Eclipse guys know?

And since Eclipse is me I have opened bug 184882 for this (even though I'm not sure this is the proper way to report this kind of issue).

1 opmerking:

  1. Opening a bug is the right thing to do. Although they are out-of-sync, you'll notice that they do not show up as a mirror site for most of our downloads. We track mirror freshness at several points, so we actually know, to some extent, what files they have (or not).

    Thanks for reporting this, I'll contact them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen