zondag, april 10, 2005

Is date:day-abbreviation() broken in Xalan 2.6.1?

While working on the new RSS 2.0 feed of my site I've been struggling with some of the EXSLT extensions of Xalan 2.6.1 (which is included in Cocoon 2.1.7).

The date:day-abbreviation() function is supposed to return a three-letter English day abbreviation: one of 'Sun', 'Mon', 'Tue', 'Wed', 'Thu' or 'Fri' (at least that's what the doc says) but Xalan keeps returning two-letter Dutch day abbreviations. I guess this is because Xalan uses the JVM language which is Dutch because I'm running a Dutch Windows XP.

Since I'm not really in the mood to dig any deeper into this, I've resorted to a simple (yet very efficient) workaround: I start Cocoon's JVM with the "-Duser.language=en" parameter.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten